Podcasting on YouTube
Podcasting on YouTube
YouTube is one of the most popular platforms for podcasts, with a vast global audience of over 2 billion active users. Podcasts on YouTube help creators expand their reach and build their community while providing monetization opportunities. Podcasts are also available in the YouTube Music app, so your audience can keep listening or watching on the go.
Creators pictured clockwise from top: Nick Viall, Jay Shetty, Jay Williams
YouTube has a lot to offer podcasters that are new to YouTube and YouTube creators who want to add podcasts to their programming.
"On YouTube, it feels like I’m talking with you, not at
you–I’m addressing you 1:1. You’re not a fly on the wall, which
is how it might feel on other platforms."
"On YouTube, it feels like I’m talking with you, not at you–I’m addressing you 1:1. You’re not a fly on the wall, which is how it might feel on other platforms."
Increase your podcast's reach with video
of the top-watched videos feature hosts on video
2x more views
for videos that featured hosts on video compared to those that used a static visualization
Promote your podcast
Frequently asked questions
Within YouTube Studio, click Create > New podcast.
Enter in the details for your show. Make sure to include the following:
- Podcast title
- Podcast description
- Visibility (Public or Private)
- Square podcast thumbnail
Select Create to save
You'll need to set your playlist as a podcast in YouTube Studio.
- Within YouTube Studio, go to the Content tab and select Playlists.
- Hover over the playlist you want to designate as a podcast.
- Click on the Menu and select ‘Set as podcast.’
- Review your podcast’s details and add a square thumbnail image. Podcast details include title, description, and who can view your podcast on YouTube.
- Click Yes to confirm your changes.
Podcasts on YouTube are eligible for current and upcoming podcast features, including:
- Inclusion in the YouTube Music app (currently only available to users in the US).
- Your podcast videos will be more likely to be discovered or recommended to people who are interested in podcast content.
- Your podcast will have a special “Podcast” badge on the Watch and Playlist page.
- We’ll show a link to your podcast from the Watch page, so that people can more easily find other episodes.
- Your podcast may be eligible to be featured on youtube.com/podcasts for easy discovery.
- Your podcast may be eligible for an Official Search Card.
Now, you can monitor your podcast’s performance with new dedicated podcast analytics available in YouTube Studio. With podcast analytics, you will be able to see the following metrics:
- Average view duration
- Key moments for audience retention
- Traffic sources
- Top content
- Yes! To get started, within YouTube Studio select Create > New podcast
- A dialog will pop up allowing you to either create a podcast, set an existing playlist as a podcast, or submit your RSS feed. Select Submit RSS feed and you’ll be guided through the upload process.
- For more information, see our Help Center